Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beware Greeks Bearing Gifts

Not really. These gifts were given with the best of intentions, but my response was tears (thankfully not in front of the person who gave them).

I went to my hairdresser today - a wonderful woman who cured me of my hairdresser phobia - and had my hair cut a little too short, in case it's a while before I can have it done again. As I left, she gave me a package.

I opened it up when I got home and found a really cute outfit for age 6 months and a book in which to record important things about the baby's first year. And I cried, because all I could think was "what if I never get to use these?".

I'm really not doing well with the anxiety here.

3 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

Oh no--don't feel anxious!! It's going to happen--and your little baby will be filling out that six month outfit in no time!!

Roccie said...

Thank you for helping to take care of me when you have your own fish to fry. It means a lot.

Once your baby is born, you will think you will never use the 6 mo outfit because it is "so big". Then all of a sudden you will be packing it away as it has grown too small. It happens SO fast.

I wish the pregnancy went faster so you did not have to worry.

Roccie said...

Hi Quiet - where are you?